Monday, March 29, 2010

double digits, baby

10 miles. i did it! seriously, can't believe it! and i actually felt good like i could've gone a bit longer if i had too....but i didn't. but it was a great encouragement to know that i could run for 90 minutes and only stop twice for a minute or two.

God is building up my confidence little by little. and isn't that just so like Him? sometimes i think i expect these big miraculous signs or unbelievable circumstances from God, when really, i think He shows himself to me when i take little steps of faith...not necessarily grand leaps. don't get me wrong, i think plenty can be said for leaps of faith, but i think sometimes God just wants the steps. even if they're baby steps. b/c either way, leaps or steps, i am still trusting God to show me what to do. in my 30 years of living, i am just now seeing how trusting God might just be the best way to show him that i love him. for my whole life, i feel like i've always tried to do the right thing; in the eyes of God and others...and sometimes those eyes were of equal importance, sad to say. now, instead of trying to figure out what the "right" thing to do is, i may just trust where God is leading me. instead of asking is it right, i'll ask is it what God wants from me. i think there are lots of things that the world deems the "right thing to do" but it may not necessarily be what God wants me to do. but, at this moment, i think God wants me to train. yes, in running, but also in His Word. i think i need to equip myself better with knowing the character of God so when he does things i don't understand, i can still trust Him b/c i know the kind of guy He is. and making my mind ready with specific examples from his Word would be more helpful to me than anything else. i wish i knew the Bible better so i would know exactly where to go in times of need. so all that to say, i'm working on training the body and the mind.

and on a side note, i think i've decided to wear some sort of spandex on race day...couldn't do the frontal wedgie shorts. far too long a run to be picking at my crotch every other stride. and the pure volume of people that may see the frontal wedgie is just too much to bear; i would be crushed under all the pity smiles and "bless your hearts". and for those of you unfamiliar with the southern "bless your heart", it's a nice way of saying "you're an idiot".

No comments:

Post a Comment