Tuesday, March 9, 2010

a case of the slivers

so, this past weekend i had a sinus infection so i couldn't do my long run. i can't say that i was sad about it. no, no, sad definitely isn't the word. i have been enjoying running thus far, but the long runs are just that, long. but i did manage to run 4 miles last night and felt really good afterwards. i am loving the warmer weather outside! it's so nice not to bundle up just to take it off later when you start getting sweaty. unfortunately, the rest of the week looks like rain so i may be running on a treadmill. and yes, you can call me a weinie if you want, but i do not like running with rain in my face.

on a side note, i may be the first person in history who does not lose weight when training for a half marathon. i made a pound cake 2 days ago and it's half gone. death by sliver. it gets me every time. i feel like i can eat all day if i just eat a little bit each time. i would never eat 3 pieces of cake in one day...that would be absurd! but 7 slivers in one day, well, for some reason in my brain that doesn't seem as bad. now, my husband has eaten a piece or two but i really can't place the blame on him, as much as i'd like to...i'm pretty sure he only eats desserts to make me feel better anyway. this way i can say i didn't eat the whole thing by myself (him: "what happened to the cake?" me: "we ate it all." him: "i only ate 2 pieces" me: "yeah, i know, WE ate it all. what? why are you giving me that look?") oh well, maybe next time, i'll ask the Holy Spirit to take away my sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment