Wednesday, April 14, 2010

almost there

well, i've been a bit of a slacker in my postings lately so for that i apologize. i guess i also feel like there's only so much more i can say about running. i am pretty pumped that i did my last long run before the race last sunday. and to be honest, it was painful. the last mile, i thought my left calf had been split in half, literally. it was also the first time i ran in the heat of the day for such a long period of time. we ran for close to 2 hrs and if i thought i was a sweaty blob before...well, you ain't seen nothin' yet! wow, i was gross. i'm just hoping that i will be recognizable to my family at the end of the race!

on a sidenote, new things are on the horizon. new steps of faith. new acts of obedience. i'm going to be continuing the blog but, obviously, since the race will be here in a week and a half, i've decided to make it about something different. i won't go into all the details but be on the lookout for new things in may, hopefully.

p.s. the comment about the spandex in the last post was not meant to scare. it will only be spandex bottoms, not full body spandex...i wouldn't want to blind the other runners.

3 comments:

  1. good luck this weekend!!!!!! i know you will do great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should reconsider the full body suit idea! I think it will make you more aerodynamic and may shave off some time on your run!!! Praying for you sister. Can't wait to read about your experience. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear all about the race! I also look forward to reading what you have in store next! My friend who's a big runner swears by those stretchy running skirt things... skorts actually and well, what's NOT cool about a skort?? TWO IN ONE!

    ReplyDelete